Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Florian Ried <Fl...@gmx.de> on 2005/07/10 09:17:16 UTC

Jackrabbit and Websphere

Hi,

I'd like to use JackRabbit within a Servlet deployed on a Websphere
(5.1) Application Server. I placed the <resource-rev> Element in my
web.xml and my Servlet looks up this resource. Now my Question: How is
the resource defined in Websphere?

What is the counterpart for the tomcat resource definition in websphere (i couldn't find one in the websphere documentation)?

<Resource name="jcr/repository"
          auth="Container"
          type="javax.jcr.Repository"
          factory="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepositoryFactory"
          configFilePath="[full path to repository.xml"
          repHomeDir="[full path to the repository home folder]"/>

I defined some ressources (generic JMS Provider, etc.) in the websphere administration console, but no success.

Anyone already used Jackrabbit on Websphere?

-Florian

Jackrabbit and Websphere

Posted by ArnoL <ar...@logica.com>.
Hello,

I'm trying to run JackRabbit as a webservice on Websphere application server
6.1 but i can't find any documentation on how to translate the tomcat
configurations from the examples into a websphere setup. I found an old
reference on this mailing list about a docu-patch for it, but i can't seem
to find it.

I have created a Resource environment provider, with a
BindableRepositoryFactory as referenceable and a resource entry with the
repHomeDir/config parameters. I however don't know how to create the
resourceLink config that is also described for tomcat.

Using the above resource provider I can create/access my repository once but
on the second call/jndi lookup it creates a new BindableRepositoryFactory
instead of the first ones' cache and encounters the .lock file on the
repHomeDir.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Arno.

Re: Jackrabbit and Websphere

Posted by David Nuescheler <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Florian Ried <Fl...@gmx.de>.
>congratulations...
>do think this could be documented as a docu-patch?
>
>regards,
>david

yes,

Posted by David Nuescheler <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Florian Ried <Fl...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

Posted by pratappadhy2005 <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hey Florian,

Would you please guide me how to configure resource environment provider in
websphere for jackrabbit?

 Like in tomcat I have configured: