Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Robert Simmons <rs...@icat.com> on 2008/02/08 18:51:06 UTC

LDAP integration?

Greetings,

I have been lurking on this list for some time and the progress in archiva
is amazing. What I was wondering if it is possible to integrate archiva into
LDAP so that roles can be set within LDAP and we can use our company's LDAP
server for the authentication. Let me know if that is possible pls.

-- Robert

Confidentiality Note: This message contains information that may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use, copy, disclose, distribute or take any action based on this message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply email and delete this message. Although ICAT Managers, LLC scans e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.  Thank you.

Re: LDAP integration?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 8, 2008 10:51 AM, Robert Simmons <rs...@icat.com> wrote:

> I have been lurking on this list for some time and the progress in archiva
> is amazing. What I was wondering if it is possible to integrate archiva into
> LDAP so that roles can be set within LDAP and we can use our company's LDAP
> server for the authentication. Let me know if that is possible pls.

I believe LDAP works for authentication (userid/password) but not for
authorization (roles).

Archiva relies on Redback for the user access bits, this page should
get you started:  http://redback.codehaus.org/integration/ldap.html

--
Wendy