Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Banias H <ba...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/19 21:43:08 UTC

Decompressing content consumed from Kafka topics?

Hi,

I have NiFi 1.1.1 and would like to compress messages before sending to a
Kafka topic.
 I can do this in the PublishKafka_0_10 processor. There is a "Compression
Type" property where I can choose:

- none
- gzip
- snappy
- lz4

But in the ConsumeKafka_0_10 processor, there is no option to decompress
messages. *Is there a way to decompress messages from Kafka topics in the
consumer flow?*

I tried the following setup:

*Producer Flow*
- In PublishKafka_0_10 processor, set "Compression Type" to either gzip or
snappy

*Consumer Flow*
- In Compress processor, set "Mode" set to "decompress" and set
"Compression Format" to either gzip or snappy. However both failed to
decompress.

- Tried UnpackContent processor, but there is no "gzip", "snappy", or even
"lz4" I can select.

If anyone has a suggestion on how to decompress Kafka messages that are
compressed by PublishKafka_0_10 processor, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
BH

Re: Decompressing content consumed from Kafka topics?

Posted by Banias H <ba...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Joe. It does look like a misconfiguration on my end. I started with
a new topic and everything works fine.

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hello