Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ostap Bender <os...@hotmail.com> on 2013/04/13 01:03:59 UTC

A couple of question about replication

Hi All,
I don't have any experience with Cassandra but we are about to evaluate it for one of our project and a few questions had came up, namely:--	Let say we have replica set with 9 nodes.	There is a write with consistency 1 and replication "majority", so 5 nodes will get the data (say 1 through 5).	There is a read on the node #6 that doesn't have data from the previous write.	So the node #6 gets the data from the other node (say #1) that has it.
	Question: 	Will the node #6 have the data now to serve subsequent request without going to the other nodes?
	Question: 	Is it possible to do a local delete of the data without replicating this delete? --
Thank you,Ostap

Re: A couple of question about replication

Posted by Tyler Hobbs <ty...@datastax.com>.
It seems like you have a few concepts about consistency levels and
replication confused.  It might be more useful to do some background
reading first:

- http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.2/cluster_architecture/data_distribution
-
http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.2/cluster_architecture/about_client_requests