Posted to dev@pinot.apache.org by sujay hegde <su...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/23 11:55:00 UTC

Apache Pinot Dev,uSer, Committer mailing lists

Hi Apache Pinot,

I am interested in Apache Pinot Dev, user and Committer communities.

Thanks and Regards,
Sujay

Re: Apache Pinot Dev,uSer, Committer mailing lists

Posted by Seunghyun Lee <sn...@apache.org>.
Thank you for your interest in contributing to Pinot!

I think that you can start to read documentation and get familiarized with
the code base. https://pinot.readthedocs.io/en/latest/dev_guide.html

Also, please join to slack channel using the below link.
https://join.slack.com/t/apache-pinot/shared_invite/enQtNDY4NDczOTYyNjk1LTExODVjY2QxYzBkMzJjNTk0ZGQ3NThiYTU2YzdlNjE0MWI5ZjUwYjI2ZTgxNjNiYWJiNmEzYjkxMTIzMzUxNTQ

In terms of the roadmap, some major features that we are currently working
are:
1. segment merge service
2. HCON based configs
3. distributed controllers

I think that other people can add more information about the roadmap. If
you have some ideas on new features, feel free to suggest and we can
discuss.

Also, if you happen to live in bay area, please join to the meetup
tomorrow. Most of contributors will be there :)
https://superchargedolap.splashthat.com

Best,
Seunghyun

Posted by Seunghyun Lee <sn...@apache.org>.
For now, we are using github issues for tracking items. We are considering
whether to move to jira later.

I added the "beginner-task" label on github
https://github.com/apache/incubator-pinot/labels

We can start to use this.

Thank you for suggestion.

Best,
Seunghyun

Posted by Chi Kit Tang <ki...@gmail.com>.
Hi Apache Pinot,

I am also interested in getting involved as well! Shall I focusing on some
simple item first?

Harris

Posted by Sai Boorlagadda <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Subbu Subramaniam <ss...@linkedin.com>.