Posted to users@maven.apache.org by captainslow <sr...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/03 16:46:35 UTC

WAR contains SNAPSHOT JARs with timestamps

I have this project setup which uses Webstart and I need to bundle the WAR
with SNAPSHOT JARs. When the JARs are bundled into the WAR, they are
appended with a timestamp instead of the actual name.

Expected - ABC-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
Actual - ABC-1.0-20141002.211448-2.jar

The JAR in the remote repository (Artifactory) and local M2 repo is showing
up as ABC-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.

Env:

OS: Unix
Maven: 3.2.1
JDK: 1.7

Any thoughts on what needs to be done to get it to bundle with just the
name?

Re: WAR contains SNAPSHOT JARs with timestamps

Posted by Hilton Wichwski Silva <hw...@gmail.com>.
Why you canĀ“t use timestamped  (SNAPSHOT) jars?

Anyway, maybe this can help you

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1243574/how-to-stop-maven-artifactory-from-keeping-snapshots-with-timestamps

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/examples/file-name-mapping.html
and strip the version if it is really important to you...

Posted by captainslow <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by captainslow <sr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I did try the following but still see timestamp in the SNAPSHOT jars.

mvn clean deploy -DuseUniqueVersions=false

Here is my webstart plugin definition.

{code}
<plugin>
    <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
    <artifactId>webstart-maven-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>1.0-beta-6</version>
    <executions>
        <execution>
            <phase>process-resources</phase>
            <goals>
                <goal>jnlp-download-servlet</goal>
            </goals>
        </execution>
    </executions>
    <configuration>
        <outputDirectoryName>.</outputDirectoryName>
        <excludeTransitive>true</excludeTransitive>
        <archive>
            <manifest>

<addDefaultImplementationEntries>true</addDefaultImplementationEntries>
            </manifest>
            <manifestEntries>
                <implementation-build>${buildNumber}</implementation-build>
                <Trusted-Library>true</Trusted-Library>
                <Permissions>all-permissions</Permissions>
            </manifestEntries>
        </archive>
        <jnlpFiles>
        </jnlpFiles>
    </configuration>
</plugin>
{code}

Not sure what I am missing here.

thanks

Re: WAR contains SNAPSHOT JARs with timestamps

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
Hello,

I would argue this is a feature not a bug. (And this is also the
version name which IS stored in the repo).

Anyway, the WAR plugin uses the archiver shared component and that
allows to specify a custom classpath pattern, which should work to
remove the version component:

http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-archiver/examples/classpath.html#aContents

If you want to only keep the -SNAPSHOT, then you can use
useUniqueVersions=false

Gruss
Bernd