Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Marcel Schepers <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/30 19:47:35 UTC

scary error messages

Hello,

Tapestry (or more likely Javassist) generated scary error messages, such as
'compile error: no such class: $StampCatalogue_23'. StampCatalogue is an
abstract Tapestry page. In case these messages show up, Jetty has to be
restarted in order to restore from this chaos.

I am using Tapestry version 4.1.3 (from the Maven repository).

Any ideas what might cause this?

Marcel

Re: scary error messages

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Hmm...Javassist does have a couple static methods for things but I
hope that doesn't have anything to do with this.

For now,  I would recommend trying out the new 3.6ga release of
javassist to see if that doesn't resolve the problem.   I may try and
sneak that version in as a dependency for the 4.1.4 tapestry release.

Re: scary error messages

Posted by Marcel Schepers <ma...@gmail.com>.
well, yes and no.

Re: scary error messages

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
You may also want to try out whatever is in this new 3.6 javassist
release.   Sounds like a bug in hibernate or javassist to me but it's
hard to tell for sure.

http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/jboss/javassist/3.6.ga/

Re: scary error messages

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Re: scary error messages

Re: scary error messages

Posted by Marcel Schepers <ma...@gmail.com>.
At this time I am not able to provide a detailed description of the setup.
However I can provide a fragment of the console/error log. I will provide
the details tomorrow.

Thanks for your kind words!

Marcel

Re: scary error messages