Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Jeffry Johnson <je...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/28 14:49:44 UTC

Screenshare with host system audio

I had put in a ticket in Jira regarding the streaming of audio from a host
machine while screensharing and was told that this feature already exists.
However, when we do screenshare, audio is not shared from the host machine.
Is there a configuration I'm missing somewhere for this item?

Re: Screenshare with host system audio

Posted by Denis Noctor <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi there, audio via screensharing is not supported via browser (at least with Google, as far as I am aware).

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
When you are sharing your screen you also can share your microphone
the limitations are obvious: audio should play loud and there shouldn't be
too many parasite sounds :(

the alternative might be: to play required audio clip from WB

this is WebRTC limitation
AFAIK only FF has some sort of audio support (or maybe *had support*) this
is why it wasn't added

--
Best regards,
Maxim