Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Charles Karow <ch...@karow.com> on 2015/04/24 21:43:24 UTC

File upload with Tapestry-Stitch ProgressTask

Hi All,

I wold like to use a Tapestry-Stitch ProgressTask to process a file
uploaded with Tapestry-Upload, with progress reported by a corresponding
ProgressLink component. Has anyone done this or similar? Any suggestions
on how to connect the form containing the file upload to the ProgressLink?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Charles

Re: File upload with Tapestry-Stitch ProgressTask

Posted by Siddharth Tyagi <si...@NIIT-Tech.com>.
Charles Karow <charles <at> karow.com> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I wold like to use a Tapestry-Stitch ProgressTask to process a file
> uploaded with Tapestry-Upload, with progress reported by a
corresponding
> ProgressLink component. Has anyone done this or similar? Any
suggestions
> on how to connect the form containing the file upload to the
ProgressLink?

> Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
> Charles

> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help <at> tapestry.apache.org

Hi Charles,

You can check out the link below for the example or functionality you
are looking for.
Link-- http://t5stitch-lazan.rhcloud.com/pdflinkdemo

Thanks
Siddharth

Re: File upload with Tapestry-Stitch ProgressTask

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
I think you'd override the MultopartDecoder service by extending
MultipartDecoderImpl and implementing a custom createFileUpload(). You
could then call ServletFileUpload.setProgressListener(...) with a custom
listener.

The progress listener could store the bytes/percentage finished in a
session attribute the. You'd then have to start a clientside poll which
continues until 100%.

Sounds like a fun task, let me know if you have any success.