Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Justin Merz <jr...@ucdavis.edu> on 2005/07/11 03:45:44 UTC

SoC update - gump3 and maven

Just wanted to give an update.  I have Gump3 reading in maven files
(though in the module descriptor, the project tag MUST contain
type="maven").  I then parse info with a new file mavenizer.py, which
reads in the maven file and creates a new "gump ready" project file.
This file is then read into gump instead of the maven descriptor file.
I have a basic skeleton of the new gump ready file already being created
(ie it has file name, dependent projects, etc) and it seems to be
accepted by gump.  I am using a stripped down version of the torque
maven file for testing, and will move onto larger projects when I have
integrated and checked all dependences from this test case.

-Thanks
Justin Merz

Re: SoC update - gump3 and maven

Posted by Scott Sanders <sc...@dotnot.org>.
On Jul 10, 2005, at 11:50 PM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> How about granting our GSoC friends commit access so that they can
>> show us what they are doing?
>>

> Related, if not completely on-topic.  Justin's CLA has not yet been
> recorded.
>
> Until we get there, Justin could provide patches - we will see his
> code and at the same time get a feeling for how well/bad the "send
> patch get a committer to commit it" approach is going to work.

Agreed since the CLA is not in place on our side yet, despite having
been sent over a week ago now.

Justin,
When you feel you are ready, I can work with you to package up your
first patch, and submit it here on the list for review-then-commit.

Scott

Re: SoC update - gump3 and maven

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> wrote:

> How about granting our GSoC friends commit access so that they can
> show us what they are doing?

Related, if not completely on-topic.  Justin's CLA has not yet been
recorded.

Until we get there, Justin could provide patches - we will see his
code and at the same time get a feeling for how well/bad the "send
patch get a committer to commit it" approach is going to work.

Stefan

Re: SoC update - gump3 and maven

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Justin Merz wrote:
> Just wanted to give an update.  I have Gump3 reading in maven files
> (though in the module descriptor, the project tag MUST contain
> type="maven").  I then parse info with a new file mavenizer.py, which
> reads in the maven file and creates a new "gump ready" project file.
> This file is then read into gump instead of the maven descriptor file.
> I have a basic skeleton of the new gump ready file already being created
> (ie it has file name, dependent projects, etc) and it seems to be
> accepted by gump.  I am using a stripped down version of the torque
> maven file for testing, and will move onto larger projects when I have
> integrated and checked all dependences from this test case.

How about granting our GSoC friends commit access so that they can show
us what they are doing?

thoughts?

--
Stefano.

Re: SoC update - gump3 and maven

Posted by Scott Sanders <sc...@dotnot.org>.
Justin,

Good job.  Are you trying to just create gump-compliant files from
real Maven files before normalization?  This way Gump would only deal
with Gump files?  That is a pretty cool idea, methiinks.

Keep up the good work, you are well on your way to your first patch.

Testing is pretty important, and you should look into writing unit
tests as you go, to make sure you are doing what you intended to do.

Scott