Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Thomas Strecker <th...@dai-labor.de> on 2005/08/12 17:50:42 UTC

Changing Java type generations from XSD

Hello,
I'm wondering which is the best/easiest way to change the Java files = that are generated from the XSD's in the WSDL. Maybe you have any = suggestions?
Namely I want to change the behavior of sequence/array mapping. I think = it should be possible to generate a serializer/deserializer pair that = takes incoming arrays and parses them into Java lists and vice versa. So =
- for the transport and schema it all still looks the same. I, however, = would have the advantage of using the Java collections when I'm = providing/using the service.
That this would come handy is obvious from the some of the messages I = have read so far, but none seems to have accomplished it yet.
>From my debugging attempts I haven't yet managed to find a good place to = hook into Axis and the documentation is sparse on this topic as well. So = I am very happy for any suggestion you can make.
    Sincerely Thomas

Dipl.-Inform. Thomas Strecker
DAI-Labor - Technische Universität Berlin
Sekretariat GOR 1-1, Franklinstraße 28/29, 10587 Berlin
Fon: +49 30 314 25318
Fax: +49 30 314 21799
thomas.strecker@dai-labor.de
http://www.dai-labor.de/