Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by rs...@transentric.com on 2002/03/11 20:30:40 UTC

Re: Location of DTD file

I think you try one of this and *hope* :-) it works:
1) Store the "google.dtd" in the servlet.jar. I think that's how the dtds
(web.xml) that Tomcat uses are processed.
OR
2) You might somehow need to edit the <!DOCTYPE GSP SYSTEM "google.dtd">
tag to "<!DOCTYPE GSP SYSTEM
"<path_to_webapps_directory>/webapps/cnams/WEB_INF/classes>" when your
application is run.
OR
3) Check how Struts implements this. See the Digester link under
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/index.html

The third might seem the best way to approach and solve your problem. The
previous two should be taken as quick and dirty solutions (that is if they
work :-)
RS

Gaurav Arya <ga...@sapient.com> on 03/11/2002 04:26:55 AM

Please respond to "Tomcat Users List" <to...@jakarta.apache.org>

To:   "Tomcat-User (E-mail)" <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc:

Subject:  Location of DTD file

Hi,
I am using Xerces to parse an xml document which i get in response from an
external site. The XML has the following line:
<!DOCTYPE GSP SYSTEM "google.dtd">
I have kept the DTD file "google.dtd" in webapps\cnams\WEB-INF\classes
directory but I get an Exception saying "File "google.dtd" not found."
Where
should I keep this dtd file?
Regards,
Gaurav

Re: Location of DTD file

Posted by Henry <hx...@binary-solutions.net>.
You may try using a URL like www.mydomain.com/app.dtd as the place you put
ur DTD, where mydomain is somewhere you have the right to publish html
files. In your XML file, still use
<!DOCTYPE GSP SYSTEM "www.mydomain.com/app.dtd">