Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by "Duhon, Gregory D" <gr...@csun.edu> on 2010/09/02 04:20:11 UTC

UTILS.PM

Does the utils.pm perl module contain the scp command that copies the snapshot image from the management node to the vclesx host which will run the image?

If the management node and vclesx host are using the same nfs storage, can we take out the scp command without killing the system?

Thanks,
Gregory Duhon
Infrastructure Architect
Information Technology
California State University, Northridge
818-677-4114
gregory.duhon@csun.edu

Re: UTILS.PM

Posted by aa...@ncsu.edu.
If the vmprofile is set to use networkdisk instead of localdisk, then scp
is not being used when using the vmware.pm module. We've found that writes
to a datastore either nfs mounted or otherwise is extremely slow when
going through the esx server.

Andy has made many improves for the vcl2.2 release on the use of
vmware(esx,esxi,free server 2.x).

Aaron