Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by krashcan <kr...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/24 06:37:20 UTC

Related to GSoC'17

Hello everyone,

My name is Kumar Ashish. I am a 2nd year student at IEM kolkata. My primary
area of interest is backend development and I am willing to participate in
gsoc this summer.

I was looking for open source projects to contribute to and I read that
Apache Ignite will be applying for GSoC 2017.

I know c++,java and golang and I wish to start contributing. I found this
link
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Efp-gswpjJjL-LGjufHufffFHEh3ZkGpCvMILmlnkn0/edit
and I feel interested in working for Node.Js client or python library. Any
beginner issues that I can pick related to these?

Re: Related to GSoC'17

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hello Kumar,

Excellent, welcome to Ignite community!

If you’re thinking of python library implementation then I suggest to build some skills resolving C++ related tasks:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4597 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4597>

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4617?jql=project%20%3D%20IGNITE%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20component%20%3D%20platforms%20AND%20(text%20~%20%22C%2B%2B%22%20OR%20text%20~%20CPP)%20ORDER%20BY%20updatedDate%20DESC <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4617?jql=project%20=%20IGNITE%20AND%20resolution%20=%20Unresolved%20AND%20component%20=%20platforms%20AND%20(text%20~%20%22C++%22%20OR%20text%20~%20CPP)%20ORDER%20BY%20updatedDate%20DESC>

BTW, this is information that might be useful to you as well.

Get familiar with Ignite development process described here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Development+Process

Instructions on how to contribute can be found here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute

Project setup in Intellij IDEA:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Project+Setup

Once you got familiar and were able to run a few examples, you should pick
a Jira ticket you would like to start on. Send an email to the dev list sharing your JIRA id, so we can add you as a contributor in Jira.

—
Denis