Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ErinO <Er...@hotmail.com> on 2006/04/11 19:56:56 UTC

error using MySql

Hi,

I am trying to config the ActiveMQ 4.0 RC1 to use mysql, I tried both
mysql-connector-java-3.1.12-bin.jar and
mysql-connector-java-5.0.0-beta-bin.jar, and got the same error message:

Failure was: CREATE TABLE ACTIVEMQ_ACKS(CONTAINER VARCHAR(250) NOT NULL,
CLIENT_ID VARCHAR(250) NOT NULL, SUB_NAME VARCHAR(250) NOT NULL, SELECTOR
VARCHAR(250), LAST_ACKED_ID INTEGER, PRIMARY KEY ( CONTAINER, CLIENT_ID,
SUB_NAME)) Message: Specified key was too long; max key length is 1024 bytes
SQLState: 42000 Vendor code: 1071

This is part of the config file related to db setup:
 <persistenceAdapter>
      <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5" dataDirectory="../activemq-data"
dataSource="#mysql-ds" useJournal="true">
        <adapter><bytesJDBCAdapter/></adapter>
      </journaledJDBC>
    </persistenceAdapter>

<bean id="mysql-ds" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
destroy-method="close">
    <property name="driverClassName" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"/>
    <property name="url"
value="jdbc:mysql://localhost/boe120?relaxAutoCommit=true"/>
    <property name="username" value="sa"/>
    <property name="password" value="password"/>
    <property name="poolPreparedStatements" value="true"/>
</bean>

Please let me know what I did wrong.

Thanks.

Erin

Re: error using MySql

Posted by "Christopher G. Stach II" <cg...@ldsys.net>.
ErinO wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I am using the ActiveMQ default db statements, does that mean if I want to
> use mysql, I need to customize those statements?
>

> Erin

Maybe you just need to use a different default character set in my.cnf.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/storage-requirements.html

--
Christopher G. Stach II

Re: error using MySql

Posted by ErinO <Er...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply.

Re: error using MySql

Posted by "Christopher G. Stach II" <cg...@ldsys.net>.
ErinO wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to config the ActiveMQ 4.0 RC1 to use mysql, I tried both
> mysql-connector-java-3.1.12-bin.jar and
> mysql-connector-java-5.0.0-beta-bin.jar, and got the same error message:
>
> Failure was: CREATE TABLE ACTIVEMQ_ACKS(CONTAINER VARCHAR(250) NOT NULL,
> CLIENT_ID VARCHAR(250) NOT NULL, SUB_NAME VARCHAR(250) NOT NULL, SELECTOR
> VARCHAR(250), LAST_ACKED_ID INTEGER, PRIMARY KEY ( CONTAINER, CLIENT_ID,
> SUB_NAME)) Message: Specified key was too long; max key length is 1024 bytes
> SQLState: 42000 Vendor code: 1071

(250 + 250 + 250) * <default charset character width> = something
greater than 1024

--
Christopher G. Stach II