Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org> on 2001/06/28 18:50:33 UTC

Re: JAVAX.COMPILER...

Neal M Gafter at Neal.Gafter@sun.com wrote:
> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>>
>>> Please chip in with your requirements.
>>
>> I have a few, and I'm on the javax.compiler alias at yahoo, better to keep
>> the discussion in the open.... Also, I hope you don't mind if I forward that
>> link to a couple of people within Sun (handling JSP and Taglibs), and other
>> Apache guys who are dealing with more or less the same problems...
>
> The more the merrier.

Damn it! I like this guy :) :) :) Really a nice change...

Ok, to the others: I just found out that Neal is organizing the effort for
coming up with a generic API for a Java Compiler, and he really seems to be
a nice guy :)

As Apache Software Foundation, many of our components would benefit from
such an API, especially JSPs in Tomcat Land, and XSPs in Cocoon land (no
need to quote ANT, as that's where I got this stuff from!) and Amber at
XIYO.ORG.

So, since "the more the merrier" I believe that people willing to contribute
to this discussion, in a _positive_ way, and have something to say should
join in...

    Pier

Re: JAVAX.COMPILER...

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
"Pier P. Fumagalli" wrote:

> Neal M Gafter at Neal.Gafter@sun.com wrote:

> >> I have a few, and I'm on the javax.compiler alias at yahoo, better to keep
> >> the discussion in the open.... Also, I hope you don't mind if I forward that
> >> link to a couple of people within Sun (handling JSP and Taglibs), and other
> >> Apache guys who are dealing with more or less the same problems...
> >
> > The more the merrier.
>
> Damn it! I like this guy :) :) :) Really a nice change...
>
> Ok, to the others: I just found out that Neal is organizing the effort for
> coming up with a generic API for a Java Compiler, and he really seems to be
> a nice guy :)
>
> As Apache Software Foundation, many of our components would benefit from
> such an API, especially JSPs in Tomcat Land, and XSPs in Cocoon land (no
> need to quote ANT, as that's where I got this stuff from!) and Amber at
> XIYO.ORG.
>
> So, since "the more the merrier" I believe that people willing to contribute
> to this discussion, in a _positive_ way, and have something to say should
> join in...
>
>     Pier

Count me in.  Can this be a separate list?

System and Software Consulting

Re: JAVAX.COMPILER...

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Re: JAVAX.COMPILER...