Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Jayanna, Gautham" <ga...@siemens.com> on 2016/12/09 01:09:11 UTC

Kafka supported on AIX OS?

Hi,
We are trying to determine if we can run Kafka on AIX OS, however I could not find definite information in the wiki page or by searching on internet.
I would greatly appreciate if you could let us know if we can run Kafka on AIX or if there are plans to support AIX in a future release.

Regards,
Gautham

This message and any attachments are solely for the use of intended recipients. The information contained herein may include trade secrets, protected health or personal information, privileged or otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you received this email in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your system. Thank you for your cooperation

Re: Kafka supported on AIX OS?

Posted by Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io>.
As documented here http://kafka.apache.org/documentation#os Linux and
Solaris have been tested, with Linux being the most common platform and the
one regularly tested within the project itself. Since AIX is a Unix it'll
probably work fine there, and I believe IBM at least provided documentation
if not support for this. Perhaps someone from IBM could chime in.

-Ewen

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 5:09 PM, Jayanna, Gautham <
gautham.jayanna@siemens.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> We are trying to determine if we can run Kafka on AIX OS, however I could
> not find definite information in the wiki page or by searching on internet.
> I would greatly appreciate if you could let us know if we can run Kafka on
> AIX or if there are plans to support AIX in a future release.
>
> Regards,
> Gautham
>

> This message and any attachments are solely for the use of intended
> recipients. The information contained herein may include trade secrets,
> protected health or personal information, privileged or otherwise
> confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing,
> copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and
> may be unlawful. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby
> notified that you received this email in error, and that any review,
> dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachment is
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please
> contact the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your
> system. Thank you for your cooperation

Ewen