Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Justin Fagnani-Bell <ju...@paraliansoftware.com> on 2002/08/27 23:10:36 UTC

Using Cocoon via the command line?

I can't find any documentation on this, but how do you use Cocoon from
the command line? I've buit a site that's going to be hosted on a plain
old webserver and need to export the cocoon generated pages. I've been
doing this with GoLive's download site feature, but I know there's a
better way. I can find info about the CocoonCrawler in the API docs, but
no user documentation on this.

Can someone point me to the right place, or explain how it's used? I'd
be willing to add something to the Cocoon Wiki about this.

Thanks,
   Justin

Re: Using Cocoon via the command line?

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Justin Fagnani-Bell wrote:
> I can't find any documentation on this, but how do you use Cocoon from
> the command line? I've buit a site that's going to be hosted on a plain
> old webserver and need to export the cocoon generated pages. I've been
> doing this with GoLive's download site feature, but I know there's a
> better way. I can find info about the CocoonCrawler in the API docs, but
> no user documentation on this.
>
> Can someone point me to the right place, or explain how it's used? I'd
> be willing to add something to the Cocoon Wiki about this.

Look inside org.apache.cocoon.Main.java for all the commandline options
available.

Look in build.xml, in the "docs" target for an example of how to call
Cocoon CLI.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -