Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Saunders Jack <ja...@volvo.com> on 2003/06/13 19:35:04 UTC

[users@httpd] X-Forwarded-Host Header

We are using apache 1.3.19 as a reverse proxy server.  I have noticed that by default the x-forwarded-host header does not get set.  I have noticed that apache 2.x sets this by default.  Is there a way to do this without compiling in a module to manually set it?

THanks!

Jack Saunders
Global Siteminder Operation Resp/Dev.
MiddleWare
Volvo Information Technology
Dept 440
Greensboro, NC 27409, USA

Telephone: 336-393-2334
E-mail: jack.saunders@volvo.com

Re: [users@httpd] X-Forwarded-Host Header

Posted by Zac Stevens <zt...@cryptocracy.com>.
Hi Jack,

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 01:35:04PM -0400, Saunders Jack wrote:
> We are using apache 1.3.19 as a reverse proxy server.  I have noticed that by default the x-forwarded-host header does not get set.  I have noticed that apache 2.x sets this by default.  Is there a way to do this without compiling in a module to manually set it?

This functionality was added in Apache 1.3.25, so all you need to do is
upgrade to the current release.  (current version is 1.3.27)

Cheers,

Zac