Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Carl Lipo <ca...@internap.com> on 2000/10/31 00:21:38 UTC

Apache::ASP question: undefined subroutines

Does anyone know what causes these kinds of errors? The 'subroutine' that
the output is referring to is the name of the page (in this case
search.htm) that is being loaded and that sits in the content directory --
there are no real missing subroutines...Maddeningly, if I hit reload
enough times the page will finally load at some point and then error a few
reloads later.

The page (search.htm) sits on an NFS mount (could that be a problem?).

Errors Output

    1.Undefined subroutine
&InterNAP::NFT::_home_staff_carl_htdocs_apps_nft_search_htmxINL called at
/usr/local/lib/site_perl/Apache/ASP.pm line 1395. ,
       /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Apache/ASP.pm line 1397

Debug Output

    1.Undefined subroutine
&InterNAP::NFT::_home_staff_carl_htdocs_apps_nft_search_htmxINL called at
/usr/local/lib/site_perl/Apache/ASP.pm line 1395. ,
       /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Apache/ASP.pm line 1397

Here is the ASP Cconfiguration information for the app:

   <Directory /office/common/infosource/apps/nft>
        <FilesMatch "\.(htm|asp)$">
            SetHandler perl-script
            PerlHandler Apache::ASP Apache::SSI
            PerlSetVar Filter On
            PerlSetVar IncludesDir .
            PerlSetVar StateDB DB_File
            PerlSetVar CookiePath /apps/nft
            PerlSetVar Global .
            PerlSetVar StateDir /tmp/.state-asp/nft
            PerlSetVar GlobalPackage InterNAP::NFT
            PerlSetVar AllowSessionState 1
            PerlSetVar SessionTimeout 60
            PerlSetVar Debug 2
            PerlSetVar MailHost mailhost-stu.sea.internap.com
            PerlSetVar MailErrorsTo itservices@internap.com
            PerlSetVar CONFIG_FILE /usr/local/etc/nft/nft.xml
        </FilesMatch>
    </Directory>

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated -- its so intermittent, its
driving us crazy!

Carl Lipo                               	EMAIL: carl@internap.com
IT Systems Architect				PAGER: 888.393.5620
InterNAP Network Services               	OFFICE: 206.504.5442
601 Union Street, Suite 1000                	FAX: 206.264.1833
Seattle, WA  98101                          	CELL: 206.579.0163

Unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution of information within
this message is prohibited.

Re: Apache::ASP question: undefined subroutines

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Carl Lipo wrote:

> Does anyone know what causes these kinds of errors? The 'subroutine' that
> the output is referring to is the name of the page (in this case
> search.htm) that is being loaded and that sits in the content directory --
> there are no real missing subroutines...Maddeningly, if I hit reload
> enough times the page will finally load at some point and then error a few
> reloads later.
>
> The page (search.htm) sits on an NFS mount (could that be a problem?).
>
> Errors Output
>
>     1.Undefined subroutine
> &InterNAP::NFT::_home_staff_carl_htdocs_apps_nft_search_htmxINL called at
> /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Apache/ASP.pm line 1395. ,
>        /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Apache/ASP.pm line 1397

Somehow, your perl sub that is the compiled version of a page gets
undefined.  In order to track down the problem, set Debug to -1,
and get me the error_log output ( in a private email ) from
a fresh server start until the error occurs.  I need to see
how the subroutine is being undefined, and whether Apache::ASP
might be responsible for this.

You can also try my latest dev release to see if that helps,
but I don't think we'll be solving the real problem if we did
that.  What version are you running BTW?

--Joshua

Joshua Chamas			        Chamas Enterprises Inc.
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring	Huntington Beach, CA  USA