Posted to dev@spot.apache.org by "Leda G. Lima" <le...@apache.org> on 2017/10/13 18:03:33 UTC

Apache Spot UI refactoring

Hi all!

Following the conversation regarding the need to refactor Spot's UI due to
the change in Reacts license; there has been a new update from Facebook
announcing that they will change back the license to MIT

Here's the link to their blog entry:
https://code.facebook.com/posts/300798627056246/relicensing-react-jest-flow-and-immutable-js/

This reduces the urgency to replace the componentes where Spot uses React
and for the given time, we can focus on more functional improvements for
the tool.
However, having additional or alternate UI's with different technologies /
UX / visualizations will be a great addition to the project, not just for
this time, but for the whole life of the project.

Regards!
Gabriela Lima
Apache Spot

Re: Apache Spot UI refactoring

Posted by Cesar Berho <ce...@apache.org>.
Hi Gaby!

And thanks for the note, in general this great to hear, but also bring one
matter for group discussion. Should we keep UI with React for now? Or are
there any folks commiting to work with NodeJS?

See Voting thread below for reference:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-spot-dev/201708.mbox/%3cCABBMKnKVvrX1j1r5CnUER8d5Q72fb_WXpK0icv8fWfk7aS96KQ@mail.gmail.com%3e

Thanks,
Cesar