Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/15 23:34:46 UTC

Jakarta EE 9 TCK information (in progress)

Got some information from Ed Bratt over Jakarta EE slack.

I've not dug into any of this, but wanted to pass it along immediately as the situation is fluid.

Nightly builds of the Jakarta EE 9 TCK are here:

 - http://download.eclipse.org/ee4j/jakartaee-tck/master/nightly/jakartaeetck-9.0.0.zip
 - https://download.eclipse.org/ee4j/jakartaee-tck/master/nightly/jakartaeetckinfo.txt

Here's the current plan for releasing a Jakarta EE 9.0.0-M1 TCK this week:

 - https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/issues/328

Here's the status of GlassFish against the standalone TCKs (not the one above):

 - https://ci.eclipse.org/jakartaee-tck/job/standalonetck-nightly-build-run-master/59/junit-reports-with-handlebars/testSuitesOverview.html

Here's the status of GlassFish with the overall Jakarta EE 9 TCK (the one above):

 - https://ci.eclipse.org/jakartaee-tck/job/jakartaeetck-nightly-run-master/43/junit-reports-with-handlebars/testSuitesOverview.html

I'm going to try to see if I can get anything running on TomEE with the bytecode-modified dist.

I'm super rusty in this department, so I suspect it will be painful :)  Wish me luck. :)

-David

Re: Jakarta EE 9 TCK information (in progress)

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
> On Jun 15, 2020, at 4:34 PM, David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Got some information from Ed Bratt over Jakarta EE slack.
>
> I've not dug into any of this, but wanted to pass it along immediately as the situation is fluid.
>
> Nightly builds of the Jakarta EE 9 TCK are here:
>
> - http://download.eclipse.org/ee4j/jakartaee-tck/master/nightly/jakartaeetck-9.0.0.zip
> - https://download.eclipse.org/ee4j/jakartaee-tck/master/nightly/jakartaeetckinfo.txt

Important link (thanks again Ed), here are the nightly GlassFish builds that go with that TCK:

 - https://ci.eclipse.org/jakartaee-tck/job/build-glassfish/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/appserver/distributions/glassfish/target/glassfish.zip

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.
cool, thanks. Much easier as having to build the TCK suit oneself ;)

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
I clicked on that link slightly worried that it was possibly me who
committed the change, and then can't remember it. :-).

> "connector, jaxrs and jaxws stuff ported blindly from the geronimo setup
no idea if it works"

To be fair, I think it worked :-)

Jon

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
> On Jun 15, 2020, at 4:34 PM, David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Here's the status of GlassFish with the overall Jakarta EE 9 TCK (the one above):
>
> - https://ci.eclipse.org/jakartaee-tck/job/jakartaeetck-nightly-run-master/43/junit-reports-with-handlebars/testSuitesOverview.html

I'll add there looks to be plenty of room for us to be competitive on the Jakarta EE 9 Milestone.

It could send a very strong signal if we were able to be there and passing some tests.

-David