Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Olivier DOREMIEUX <ol...@doremieux.org> on 2011/02/05 11:18:57 UTC

PDDocument save slow over the network

Hi,

PDDocument save is really slow over the network.
It's much faster to save it locally and then copy the file over the network.
The difference is quite big. It take about 4min to process my document,
save it, and copy it over the network. When I try to save it over the
network, it take about 14 minutes.

Olivier

Re: PDDocument save slow over the network

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Try buffering the OutputStream by decorating the OutputStream you pass
to the save(OutputStream) method with a BufferedOutputStream.

On 05.02.2011 11:18:57 Olivier DOREMIEUX wrote:
> Hi,
>
> PDDocument save is really slow over the network.
> It's much faster to save it locally and then copy the file over the network.
> The difference is quite big. It take about 4min to process my document,
> save it, and copy it over the network. When I try to save it over the
> network, it take about 14 minutes.
>
> Olivier

Jeremias Maerki