Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Schawn E. Thropp" <th...@adlnet.org> on 2001/11/20 15:04:35 UTC

Xerces 1.4.3 - Looking on my Desktop for XSDs

I wrote an application that is using the Xerces-J 1.4.3 parser.  I am
relying on the use of the schemaLocation attribute to tell Xerces where
the XSDs are located.  I have the following line in my instance
document:

<manifest identifier="LMSTestCourse01_Manifest" version="1.2"
               xmlns="http://www.imsproject.org/xsd/imscp_rootv1p1p2"
               xmlns:adlcp="http://www.adlnet.org/xsd/adlcp_rootv1p2"

xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.imsproject.org/xsd/imscp_rootv1p1p2
imscp_rootv1p1p2.xsd

http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imsmd_rootv1p2p1 imsmd_rootv1p2p1.xsd

http://www.adlnet.org/xsd/adlcp_rootv1p2 adlcp_rootv1p2.xsd">
</manifest>

When I run this XML instance document through my application I receive
the following error:

General Schema Error: Stopping after fatal error: File
"file:///C:/WINNT/Profiles/thropps/Desktop/imsmd_rootv1p2p1.xsd" not
found..
General Schema Error: Can't get back Schema document's root element
:imsmd_rootv1p2p1.xsd.

A bunch of others follow this one.

Does anyone have any clue why Xerces is looking for the XSD on my
desktop?  If I put all of them there it seems to run fine and dandy.
Why is this happening?  Is there some environment setting that is
causing this?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Schawn