Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Len Shein <ls...@solveda.com> on 2015/12/06 00:50:14 UTC

JobPoller: Problems reading values from serviceengine.xml file

All

Had an issue in which Pending Jobs in Job sandbox were not starting.

Found the folliwng in the log file:

2015-12-05 18:09:01,480 (org.ofbiz.service.job.JobPoller@9240189
<ma...@9240189> ) [
JobPoller.java:295:ERROR] Problems reading values from serviceengine.xml
file [java.lang.NumberFormatException: null]. Using defaults.

JobPoller code at line 295

    private int minThreads() {

        int min = MIN_THREADS;

        try {

            min =
Integer.parseInt(ServiceConfigUtil.getElementAttr("thread-pool",
"min-threads"));

        } catch (NumberFormatException nfe) {

            Debug.logError("Problems reading values from serviceengine.xml
file [" + nfe.toString() + "]. Using defaults.", module);

        }

        return min;

    }

Removed "serviceengine.xml" from Cache Name resource.ResourceLoaders.

Removing this cleared the issue and all PENDING jobs kicked off.

We are using Ofbiz 10 ( which I understand is no longer supported).

 However asking the community if anyone has any clues as how the
serviceengine.xml could be corrupted in such a way that the Job Poller is
unable to read from it?

Len Shein

lshein@solveda.com <ma...@solveda.com>

Office: 516.742.7888 ext.225

Home Office: 732.333.4303

Cell: 917.882.8515

RE: JobPoller: Problems reading values from serviceengine.xml file

Posted by Len Shein <ls...@solveda.com>.
Thanks Scott, I'll take a look.

Regards
Len

That's a problem in the older versions caused by concurrent access to the cached dom model of the serviceengine.xml file. The dom doesn't support concurrent reads and you'll intermittently see this problem.

The only solution is to store the serviceengine configuration in POJOs rather than caching the dom.  It's a pain to change because the cached dom is referenced all over.  I believe Adrian converted it to POJOs in one of the later versions, you could always try backporting that to your version.

Regards

Scott

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxsystems.com>.