Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by James Pope <ja...@hotmail.com> on 2004/09/09 09:15:56 UTC

Relative redirects: Tomcat 5 using machine local hostname instead of the FQDN fr

Hi,

I have a Jakarta Tomcat 5 server installed on a Windows 2003 Server machine
(hostname labsweb1). There is a DNS entry for www.ourcompany.com pointing to
the ROOT webapp on the labsweb1 server. When I go to
http://www.mycompany.com/about/ for example, I get the same page as
http://labsweb1/about/, except that in the web browser the URL remains
http://www.mycompany.com/about/

However, if an HTTP redirect header is sent, for example from
http://www.mycompany.com/goto.jsp?page=about then the URL becomes
http://labsweb1/about/ instead of http://www.mycompany.com/about/

>From what research I've done, this is because Tomcat is configured to use
the machine's local hostname for resolving redirects, instead of the FQDN
from the request. Any idea how to configure Tomcat so that it uses the FQDN
from the request for relative redirects?

Please help if you can, thanks in advance!

-- James