Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org> on 2010/11/09 20:16:25 UTC

Re: V3 design (was ApacheCon Update)

On 11/09/2010 11:41 AM, Vik Tara wrote:
> On 11/09/2010 01:27 PM, Richard Frovarp wrote:
>>

>> Sounds good. I would say we should wait a week or so before we get
>> together in real time to discuss this. I had a lot of time to ponder
>> in the woods, but nothing to write on. I need a few days to put my
>> thoughts down on our wiki.
> +1 - I wouldn't mind taking a look at those ideas too.

Of course. What I'm trying to do is break down our current feature set
into three groups. Key architectural features, other features, and
features to remove. I don't have anything in that last group.
Architectural features are ones like publication templating. Other
features would be something like the source editor. Both are important
to have, but publication templating is going to require more care to
keep working.

I also will post a page where we can start to explore possible libraries
/ frameworks to accomplish our feature set.

Who has a picture of Andreas' chalk board architecture? Was that me?

Richard

Re: V3 design (was ApacheCon Update)

Posted by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 5:20 AM, florent andré <
florent.andre-dev@4sengines.com> wrote:

> On 11/10/2010 11:39 AM, Vik Tara wrote:
> >> Who has a picture of Andreas' chalk board architecture? Was that me?
> > I think someone posted it on the wiki - I searched there but couldn't
> > find it.
> >
> > Anyone else have a copy?
>
> We have a photo of the blackboard in the wiki AFAIK . Andreas rewrite it
> on an electronic document if i well remember.

Right, it is on the wiki. I finally saw that last night.

Re: V3 design (was ApacheCon Update)

Posted by florent andré <fl...@4sengines.com>.
On 11/10/2010 11:39 AM, Vik Tara wrote:
>> Who has a picture of Andreas' chalk board architecture? Was that me?
> I think someone posted it on the wiki - I searched there but couldn't
> find it.
>
> Anyone else have a copy?

We have a photo of the blackboard in the wiki AFAIK . Andreas rewrite it
on an electronic document if i well remember.

++

Posted by Vik Tara <vi...@propco.co.uk>.