Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Chad Phillips -- Apartment Lines <ch...@apartmentlines.com> on 2011/09/13 21:16:32 UTC

Lua API for CouchDB

As part of a work-related project, I've written a Lua API (http://www.lua.org) for CouchDB.  It is available here:

https://github.com/thehunmonkgroup/luchia

I'm announcing this to the list for the following reasons:

- To alert anyone who might benefit from it that it exists.

- To potentially get some feedback on the implementation.

- To hopefully get some pointers to it listed on the CouchDB site, perhaps one at http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Related_Projects in the Libraries section?  I'd also consider contributing something for http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Basics too.

As far as the implementation goes, I'm pretty new to CouchDB -- I basically just pounded the documentation and wrote the API according to what I found there.

Thanks!

Chad

Re: Lua API for CouchDB

Posted by Chad Phillips -- Apartment Lines <ch...@apartmentlines.com>.
thanks, paul.  i've added stuff to some of the overview pages, and created a getting started page for Lua.

chad

Re: Lua API for CouchDB

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
The wiki is open for anyone to sign up and edit. You should feel more
than welcome to add your library to where ever it is we have that
list. There's also a set of pages there called something like
"Getting_Started_With_Lisp" where Lisp is whatever the kids are using
these days. You might want to add a page there for people looking to
use Lua with CouchDB.