Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by manuel aldana <al...@gmx.de> on 2009/07/26 21:53:59 UTC

restart server necessary when changing schema+config?

it is not explicitly mentioned in solr documentation but I guess when
changing stuff inside conf/ folder a restart of webserver is necessary?
Or is there a reload URL call available?

--
 manuel aldana
 aldana@gmx.de

Re: restart server necessary when changing schema+config?

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Jul 26, 2009, at 3:53 PM, manuel aldana wrote:

> it is not explicitly mentioned in solr documentation but I guess
> when changing stuff inside conf/ folder a restart of webserver is
> necessary? Or is there a reload URL call available?

In single core, a restart of Solr is required to pick up changes to
most* configuration files.  In multi-core, cores can be reloaded
through an HTTP command, however I believe searches will be
unavailable during that core startup which can be a significant amount
of time (minutes or so, most I've seen with heavy warming query
scenarios).

* DataImportHandler can reload its configuration files with an HTTP
command.  And some other files can be picked up dynamically (like
VelocityResponseWriter templates).

	Erik