Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by b....@valbosoft.com on 2008/11/21 16:31:44 UTC

Re: TurbineLocalizationService

Hi,

it seems init (Object data) is also final, so I can't override that
either...
Is there a special reason for these methods to be final?

Cheers, Bo

             Thomas Vandahl
             <tv...@apache.org>
                                                                      Para
             30/09/2008 17:37          Turbine Developers List
                                       <de...@turbine.apache.org>
                                                                        cc
                Por favor,
                responda a                                          Asunto
                 "Turbine              Re: TurbineLocalizationService
             Developers List"
             <dev@turbine.apac
                  he.org>

b.v.weert@valbosoft.com wrote:
> I'm using the localization tool. Overriding that seems more complicated,
as
> it makes quit high level calls to the other classes.

It actually isn't. You could just override the init-method like this:

public void init(Object data)
{
    if (data instanceof RunData)
    {
        // Pull necessary information out of RunData while we have
        // a reference to it.
        locale = (Locale)((RunData) data).getUser().getTemp("locale");
        bundleName = Localization.getDefaultBundleName();
    }
}

> Why was getLocale () made final in the first place? Is there a reason to
> keep it that way?

At the moment, we are preparing the 2.3.3 release (Juergen, are you
alive?) and we are a bit hesitant to change things right now.

Bye, Thomas.

Re: TurbineLocalizationService

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
b.v.weert@valbosoft.com wrote:
> it seems init (Object data) is also final, so I can't override that
> either...

Not in 2.3.3. Please look again.

Bye, Thomas.