Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by frank <fr...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/31 18:04:29 UTC

Fwd: Issues with getting Fediz up and running

Hi,

After having configured the IDP/STS and the RP sample, I run into the issue
that after the redirect to the IDP, a page with "*Access to the specified
resource (Requesting security token failed) has been forbidden.*" appears.
Tomcat's error trace suggests that there is something wrong with the
certificates.

Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building
failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable
to find valid certification path to requested target

Possibly this is caused by the rather unclear path to creating the
keystores. It would seem that creating tomcat-idp.jks and tomcat-rp.jks is
sufficient to get the web application up and running, but in this process
stsstore.jks also needs to be created for MyIDP.cer. Strangely enough,
fediz-config.xml points to stsstore.jks in the conf directory whereas the
table for the keystores states that fediz-config.xml point tot
tomcat-rp.jks, which according to the same table should be in the base
directory of the RP samples.

What is the way out of this situation? How can I get things up and running?
Any help would be appreciated.

I tried generating my own keystores as well as using the keystores provided
in the source code samples. Neither of these work.

Cheers,

Frank

Re: Fwd: Issues with getting Fediz up and running

Posted by frank <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Glen,

I incorrectly assumed that I was using 10.0.1. I was using 10.0.0..

I redid the whole setup and made sure to stay as close to the instructions
as I could.

There are however a few minor things that do need some intervention. The
WARs in the package are called fediz-idp-1.0.1.war
and fediz-idp-sts-1.0.1.war respectively. Both need to be renamed prior to
deployment to (fedizidp.war and fedizidpsts.war).

The HTTPS configurations for the IDP/STS and the example plugin will not
work with the configurations as described on the web site. An error message
stating that the SSLCertificateFile parameter is required will appear. This
can be solved by changing the value of the protocol parameter on the SSL
configurations to "org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol".

Not so clear on the web site, but clearer from the README's that go with
the examples, the sample keystores need to be copied to the root of the
Tomcat installations for the IDP/STS and RP.

After that, things are fine and dandy!

Cheers,

Frank

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com>.

--
Glen Mazza
blog: www.jroller.com/gmazza

Re: Fwd: Issues with getting Fediz up and running

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com>.

--
Glen Mazza
blog: www.jroller.com/gmazza

Re: Fwd: Issues with getting Fediz up and running

Posted by frank <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Glen,

I have managed to get a but further in the process. As it turns out, the
self-signed certificate for the IDP/STS needs to be added to the cacerts
keystore of the JRE!!! Possible this is caused by the fact the the keystore

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com>.

--
Glen Mazza
blog: www.jroller.com/gmazza