Posted to dev@brpc.apache.org by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org> on 2019/12/01 00:18:50 UTC

Re: please review pod report for brpc Dec 2019

Hi,

Thanks for submitting the report. However it is incomplete and could do with some improvements.

Can you please:
- Answer the question about have you mentors being helpful
- Answer the question about managing you brand

if would also be nice to see some more detail in the community and project growth sections.

I assume that under the releases section by "still on first apache release" means you are working on the first release?

I'm slightly concerned that the project has been incubating for a year and has not added any committers. I note that you have 50+ contributors to your repo. Have you possibly set the bar for contributions too high? Has the project discussed what is a suitable level of contribution to become a committer? I can't see any documentation on your web site on how to become a committer.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: please review pod report for brpc Dec 2019

Posted by Gosling Von <fe...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Good catch @Tan. Thanks @Justin kindly suggestion :-)

We're helping shape the first release for brpc, and there is one last  step away. This solid step forward will bring encouragement to the community. Of course, I personally think the brpc community activity needs to be improved, we can discuss this issue in another thread. After all, it is close to a year or so of incubation. In terms of community diversity, I think there is a lot to be improved. Rapid digitization causes tectonic shifts in customer expectations across industries. Many are struggling to adapt to this accelerated change. As a result, many businesses are aggressively pushing IT to cut delivery time, reduce cost and improve quality. Microservices, surrounding with rpc and service governance, has emerged one way to address these challenges. I believe that the brpc guys will bring some different efforts in high performance and other direction. That’s one of the reason I would like to helping brpc community.

Best Regards,
Von Gosling

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

There also seems to be very little conversion on this mailing list, have you considered moving the GitHub email notifications off the dev list? You may want to consider adding "moving discussion to the mailing list" as one of the things that needs to be done before graduation.

Thanks,
Justin