Posted to dev@gora.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/04 22:13:54 UTC

Exhaustive List of Encoders which can be used in gora-accumulo-mapping

Hi Folks,
I'm just updating the site docs for gora-accumulo [0] and attempting to
make it as verbose as possible given my understanding of the
gora.propertiew configuration options as well as the mapping
properties/options.
I've noticed that there is an optional 'encoder' attribute which can be
included within the gora-accumulo-mapping.xml <class> field [1]. The value
can be a string which represents a suitable user defined encoder to use for
encoding field values. If no attribute and/or value is present then by
default the encoder is set to the BinaryEncoder()[2].
I wondered if other encoders over and above the four provided in
o.a.g.accumulo.encoders.* [3] are available?
Thanks
Lewis

[0] http://gora.apache.org/current/gora-accumulo.html
[1]