Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Peter Cheung <pe...@quantr.hk> on 2022/09/07 17:46:53 UTC

netbeans module coding questions

hi
   1. I want to customize the editor's side bar (the one showing the line number), I want to add some icon to it. Any example for this?
   2. The highlightfactory + highlighter is highlighting the editor by char offset. Is it possible to highlight some rows?
thanks
Peter

Re: netbeans module coding questions

Posted by Peter Cheung <pe...@quantr.hk>.
oh my god, i feel full of love now. i thought netbeans community is dead
________________________________
There are some excellent answers, perhaps you are blocked on your side.

You can view the thread at:
https://lists.apache.org/list?dev@netbeans.apache.org:2022-9

-ernie

Posted by Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com>.

Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu.INVALID>.
Hi Peter,

Am Samstag, dem 24.09.2022 um 15:11 +0000 schrieb Peter Cheung:
> am i being blocked? whatever i ask, no one willing to answer 🙁

mailinglist and it is your job to ensure, that you read it. I cleared
all your emails for delivery.

As you can see here:

https://lists.apache.org/thread/gf47jkk4sjm8fkj5hqx2970y2ycn0613

you got multiple replies.

I send this email to the mailinglist and explicitly to you, but you
can't expect people to do this and thus I repeat, that you need to
subscribe. See here:

Greetings

Matthias

Re: netbeans module coding questions

Posted by Peter Cheung <pe...@quantr.hk>.

From Peter (System Architect, Quantr Limited https://www.quantr.hk , Mobile : 96554595)

________________________________
Posted by Svata Dedic <sv...@gmail.com>.
On 07. 09. 22 19:46, Peter Cheung wrote:
> hi
>     1. I want to customize the editor's side bar (the one showing the line number), I want to add some icon to it. Any example for this?

Two ways:
1/ register a sidebar on the 'west' side. See editor.fold.nbui module -
you're free to paint whatever you want.
2/ make an annotation and assign a glyph to it. See the Editor
Annotations APIs, e.g. debugger annotations for example.

>     2. The highlightfactory + highlighter is highlighting the editor by char offset. Is it possible to highlight some rows?

At least two ways.
- make an AnnotationType of 'line' type. Use Annoation API to mark the line.
- make the highlight include the terminating newline and include
HighlightsContainer.ATTR_EXTENDS_EOL = true in its attributes.

-S.

Re: netbeans module coding questions

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 7 Sept 2022, 19:30 Peter Cheung, <pe...@quantr.hk> wrote:

>    2. The highlightfactory + highlighter is highlighting the editor by
> char offset. Is it possible to highlight some rows?

Well, you can make it highlight rows. I have a flash on save module that
highlights all changed rows in PraxisLIVE.
https://github.com/praxis-live/praxis-live/tree/master/praxis.live.editor.saveflash/src/org/praxislive/ide/editor/saveflash

It's quite a useful feature. Good for talks, but also occasionally for
picking up unintentional changes. Keep meaning to tidy up and contribute.

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: netbeans module coding questions

Posted by Jean-Marc Borer <jm...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

You have a very good example here:

https://github.com/junichi11/netbeans-color-codes-preview

BTW, it is a very useful plugin that I would expect be part of core NB
eventually.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

JM