Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rodney Smith <ro...@gmx.net> on 2001/07/25 15:19:58 UTC

Accessing JDBC-ODBC from Struts

Hi

I need some direction on how to incorporate JDBC-ODBC into my struts
and where the ODBC should be stored in my application. Also how to reference
that in my Action Servlet, I am a little unsure about this area, but would
appreciate some feed back or documentation that will simplify my work.

Thanks

Rodney

Re: Accessing JDBC-ODBC from Struts

Posted by Oleg V Alexeev <oa...@apache.org>.
Hello Rodney,

RS> Hi

RS> I need some direction on how to incorporate JDBC-ODBC into my struts
RS> and where the ODBC should be stored in my application. Also how to reference
RS> that in my Action Servlet, I am a little unsure about this area, but would
RS> appreciate some feed back or documentation that will simplify my work.

No problem. Open connection with ODBC-JDBC driver in Action class and
perform any operations with this datasource.

--
Best regards,
 Oleg                            mailto:oalexeev@apache.org

Re: Accessing JDBC-ODBC from Struts

Posted by Guus Holshuijsen <gh...@videtur.nl>.
One of the - more complicated - solutions is to set up Java Naming and
Directory services (JNDI, see the documentation that comes with JDK1.3).
Using JNDI you can hide the details of connecting to your database(s) in a
DataSource object you store in the naming service.
Sun provides us with a "com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory" class
that provides a filesystem naming service.

Regards,
Guus