Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org> on 2007/02/14 21:14:00 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Jakarta Commons IO 1.3.1 released

It's not been long since the release of Commons IO 1.3, but I need to
announce the release of Commons IO 1.3.1. Commons IO provides
low level utilities, file filters and streams that complement and
enhance the java.io package.

There are two fixes in this release that we felt users should get as
soon as possible. The FileUtils.readFileToString(String) method
was not static as intended, and there is a potential NullPointerException
in the FileUtils.openOutputStream(File).

Please note that this means that technically IO 1.3.1 is not API
compatible with IO 1.3 due to the switch of the readFileToString(String)
method to a static scope.

More details are available in the release notes and the relevant
JIRA issues:

   http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/io/upgradeto1_3_1.html

For more information on Commons IO, please visit the IO website:

   http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/io/

IO 1.3.1 is available in either binary or source form from:

   http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_commons-io.cgi

Henri Yandell,
on behalf of the Commons community