Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Emily McMahon <em...@remitly.com> on 2017/08/28 19:57:55 UTC

Default chaining & uid

Does setting uid affect the default chaining (ie if I have two maps in a
row and set uid on both)?

This
<http://doc.flink-china.org/1.2.0/ops/upgrading.html#application-topology>
makes me think there's no effect

All operators that are part of a chain should be assigned an ID as
> described in the Matching Operator State
> <http://doc.flink-china.org/1.2.0/ops/upgrading.html#Matching Operator
> State> section above.

Thanks,
Emily

Re: Default chaining & uid

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
Hello,

That depends a bit on the used version.

For 1.3 and above it does not affect chaining; the maps will be chained
and setting the UIDs will work as if the maps weren't chained.

For 1.2, setting the UID on a chained operator is forbidden and will
fail with an exception.