Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Amit Jain <am...@apache.org> on 2015/02/13 11:20:34 UTC

[Discuss] Copy JR2 S3 classes into Oak

Hi,

As part of support for shared data store for S3 [1], I need to make
enhancements to Jackrabbit's org.apache.jackrabbit.aws.ext.ds.S3Backend
class.
I propose to copy the class in Oak into a new module
(oak-aws-ds/oak-cloud-ds ?). This will make it easier to make changes now
and in the future without requiring an additional Jackrabbit release.

Let me know your thoughts and I can proceed accordingly.

Thanks
Amit

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-2494

Re: [Discuss] Copy JR2 S3 classes into Oak

Posted by Amit Jain <am...@ieee.org>.
Hi,

What should be the mechanism I use to copy the module jackrabbit-aws-ext to
Oak trunk and rename it? Not sure but svn merge might not work.
This will also include other changed renaming packages, pom.xml etc.

Thanks
Amit

Posted by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Amit Jain <am...@ieee.org>.