Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Melissa Warnkin <mi...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/07/11 02:21:55 UTC

[ASSISTANCE NEEDED] for OSCON

Good evening and Happy Friday!!
Due to medical reasons, I am unable to attend OSCON and "woman the booth"; therefore,  I am in need of someone that can replace me as the booth coordinator.
Crucial dates:
Exhibitor Move-in:  Monday, July 20th, from 8:00 - 5:00; Tuesday, the 21st, from 8:00 - Noon
Expo Hall Hours:  Tuesday, the 21st, from 5:00 - 6:00 for the opening reception; Wednesday, the 22nd, from 10:00 am - 4:30 and the booth crawl is from 5:40 - 7:00.
Exhibitor Move-out:  Thursday, the 23rd, from 5:00 - 9:00pm; Friday, the 24th, from 8:00 - Noon
Job responsibility:
   - Set up and tear down the booth (an hour (tops) of work, if that, on both ends)

   - Keep the table supplied with the giveaways (all boxes will be in the booth, so all you have to do is open them and set the items on the counter! And this year I have a new hanging banner to replace the honking 8'x8' monster wall banner that took two people to assemble!!)

   - Coordinate with the others that have volunteered their time to assist with booth duty so that someone is at the booth at all times
   - Mingle, network, and have fun!!!
   - Eat, drink, and be merry!

What's in it for you, you might ask?!:
   - The pleasure of replacing me! ;) LOL
   - If you agree to be the coordinator and fulfill the roles as described above, The ASF will cover your travel and expenses, which also includes the hotel and expo hall registration, which allows you to attend all the evening events and lunches.
Please get back to me with your interest ASAP so that I can make the necessary arrangements.  Local folks strongly preferred (naturally) due to the lateness of this notice, and this offer does not apply to International folks (sorry - you all know that I love you, but we can't justify that expense!).
Your help is greatly appreciated.  I was just informed yesterday that I have to go in for surgery on the 22nd, hence the very late notice.
I already have several folks lined up for booth duty; however, they are attending OSCON with their day job, and so their main responsiblities are with their companies.
Please get back to me ASAP if you are able to help!!
Thank you so much!
~M

Re: [ASSISTANCE NEEDED] for OSCON

Posted by Melissa Warnkin <mi...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Patrica,
Thank you so much for your offer.  I'm currently awaiting final confirmation from a local person.  If that falls through, I will contact you immediately so that we can make the appropriate arrangements.
Again, thank you so much!! I'll be in touch if I need you.
~M
I am retired, so no conflicting job responsibilities, but would need to
travel from San Diego. There should be someone closer.

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
Hi Melissa!

Posted by Melissa Warnkin <mi...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thank you all for your well wishes, and thank you to the folks that have volunteered to be the booth coordinator.  Geoff Corey will be the booth coordinator for OSCON.  I will coordinate with Geoff directly on the logistics.

Have a great day!
~M
#yiv2626433593 #yiv2626433593 -- .yiv2626433593EmailQuote {margin-left:1pt;padding-left:4pt;border-left:#800000 2px solid;}#yiv2626433593 Melissa, as said previously, all the best for your recovery.

Folks willing to volunteer. There are plenty of folks volunteering to help, but they have other commitments as well. We are looking for someone who will coordinate our volunteers which requires full time attention (using volunteers to help).

Thanks all.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Posted by Ross Gardler <Ro...@microsoft.com>.

Posted by Geoffrey Corey <co...@apache.org>.
Hi Melissa,

I would very much like to help out with this. :)