Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Rein Reezigt <re...@redwood.nl> on 2004/02/17 13:51:22 UTC

(505)HTTP Version Not Supported

Hey all,

I'm struggling with an exception I get when calling a web service. I deployed all the samples with axis on tomcat 5.0.18. With the clients provided with the exampes I can succesfully get some results, so no problem there.
I wanted to see how the creation of a webservice from an  EJB application (1 session bean with 3 entity beans (bank example)) goes. I found a tutorial somewhere, where Java2WSDL was used to create a WSDL file, then WSDL2Java was used to create the web service and then the contents of the Stub implementation was done before it was deployed. I have done the same thing. This all seems to go well. I make the call to the session bean (which is in Jboss 3.0.6) from the stub.
Publishing the web service to axis also goes fine, it appears in the list.
When I then create a client (basically a copy of one of the examples) and I run it, it finds the service, but when calling the method, an exception is thrown ((505)HTTP Version Not Supported). I really have no idea how this is possible. I use jdk1.3.1_06.
Anyone encountered this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Rein

Re: (505)HTTP Version Not Supported

Posted by Rein Reezigt <re...@redwood.nl>.
Hey all,

Me again. I found the problem. The 505 exception thrown pointed me looking in the wrong direction.
With the creation of the WSDL file, I gave some 'wrong' parameters. This caused the service name to be '
MyBank -n urn:MyBank'. When I looked at the deployed services in axis it showed this name. So I assumed there
was no problem and called this service with the correct url in my eyes.
  options.setDefaultURL("http://localhost:8080/axis/services/MyBank -n urn:MyBank");

I changed the service name to MyBank and redeployed. Now everything works fine.

Regards,

Rein