Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org> on 2003/11/26 16:29:54 UTC

Importing Wagon

Howdy,

Before I get too far into my day I'm going to import Wagon. All the
mailing lists are setup:

maven-wagon-dev
maven-wagon-users (I think we got the plural but no biggie)
maven-wagon-cvs

I'm going to import the code and then we'll be ready to roll.

Another note is that I will be sending mail to the PMC mailing list as
I'm going to start the move of bits and pieces of the componentized bits
of Maven. Particularly:

maven-model:
the strict unadulterated model, no interpolation, no inheritance.

maven-model-tools:
tools for building the model from various forms, the first being from
xml.

maven-project:
this is the component responsible for turning the model into a project
which is used at runtime. the model and the project are now entirely
separated. for many reasons this is good but primarily so the model can
survive marshalling/unmarshalling with interpolation and inheritance
comtaminating the model. this component requires wagon to help transform
dependencies into artifacts but once Wagon is in CVS this will be much
easier.

These are the first pieces that I'm going to wire into Maven's core to
excise Jelly/Ant from the core and make Maven truly embeddable.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

RE: Importing Wagon

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 10:41, Vincent Massol wrote:
> Jason,
>
> How do we subscribe to these lists? I tried sending an email to
> maven-wagon-dev-subscribe@maven.apache.org but it did not succeed.

Sorry, I was thinking of the old turbine days for some reason ... they
are:

wagon-dev
wagon-users
wagon-cvs