Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Sun, Tiffany (Tong)" <TS...@AAS.com> on 2004/03/16 15:27:12 UTC

Image with transparent background covers the page with background image

I have a gif file with transparent background, but when I put it into a page
with a background image, the transparent part became white and covered up
the background image, anybody encountered this before?

Tiffany

Re: Image with transparent background covers the page with background image

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Sun, Tiffany (Tong) wrote:
> I have a gif file with transparent background, but when I put it into a
> page with a background image, the transparent part became white and
> covered up the background image, anybody encountered this before?

GIF transparency apparently doesn't work. Try to use a SVG instead,
or embed the GIF in a simple SVG (it is rendered differently this
way and might work).

J.Pietschmann