Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Uri Boness <ub...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/02 01:01:02 UTC

latest lucene libraries in maven repo

Hi,

It seems the the latest lucene libraries are not up to date in the Solr
maven repo
(http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/solr/solr-lucene-core/1.4-SNAPSHOT/)

Can we expect them to be updated soon?

Cheers,
Uri

Re: latest lucene libraries in maven repo

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Lucene 2.9.1 is out of course (and in repos) but the 2.9.1-dev as found in
: Solr's source control right now is not.  This is pretty frustrating and I
: can only expect it will be a recurring problem.  If Solr is going to use
: -dev versions then I think Solr needs to put them in a repo somewhere.

The concensus has been to start releasing using only "official" releases
of Lucene-Java, hence Solr stoped creating it's own Lucene-Java poms for
dev RPMs -- but for the few days that the Lucene-Java 2.9.2 release vote
was taking place, Solr trunk was chagned to use the release candidate Jars
to help test them out.

This isn't something that would ever impact users of official Solr
releases, so it really doesn't seem like that big of a deal -- if you are
using Solr trunk you have to accept a little bit of shifting and
transitioning now and then.

: I could report a bug in Jira...

It's already been "fixed" (now that the 2.9.2 release is final) but if you
want to worry about the "root" issue (for the next time Solr trunk rev's
jars during a Lucene-Java release) then a patch to make Solr start
fetching it's dependencies from a maven repository instead of committing
them (and then getting Lucene-Java to start putting it's release
candidates in a maven repository) woulde probably be the sane way to go
... note that i'm not suggestion you try to get Solr to drop ant entirely
in palce of Maven -- that's been brought up enough times and no one has
ever gotten concensus that it's worth doing, but just dealing with the
dependency fetching part would probably be feasible.

-Hoss

Re: latest lucene libraries in maven repo

Posted by "David Smiley @MITRE.org" <DS...@mitre.org>.
Lucene 2.9.1 is out of course (and in repos) but the 2.9.1-dev as found in
Solr's source control right now is not.  This is pretty frustrating and I
can only expect it will be a recurring problem.  If Solr is going to use
-dev versions then I think Solr needs to put them in a repo somewhere.

FYI the repo manager is now managed by Nexus at this URL:
https://repository.apache.org/index.html#nexus-search;quick~lucene

I could report a bug in Jira...

~ David Smiley
Author: http://www.packtpub.com/solr-1-4-enterprise-search-server/