Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dmitry <dm...@hotmail.com> on 2007/07/22 22:23:48 UTC

Quality level attribute during version selection process

I saw a post recently that referred to a <quality> attribute being used
during plugin resolution. The purpose of the attribute was to make sure that
only "released" or "beta", etc. versions were selected rather than alpha or
lower level qualtiy.

As far as I can tell Maven doesn't use a quality level for version
selection. There are version number qualifiers but that's different than
using something like a <qualtiy> attribute in conjuction with <version>,
etc.

In any case, having something like <quality> is really important (at least
to my company). Ivy does this and in fact allows users to set up their own
set of ordered quality levels to choose from.

So: am I missing something and Maven in fact does do quality level selection
(I don't see it in the code). Or, is this something Maven can do in the
future?

thnaks,

Dmitry

www.ejinz.com

Search Engine Technology

JAVA, JSF, J2EE, JMS,EJB

Re: Quality level attribute during version selection process

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Maven (1 and 2) does not currently support this feature. It was simply
a "feature request" by a user of Maven.

I have no idea if or when the Maven Dev team might consider adding it
to Maven2. If you require this feature, and you know Ivy supports it
currently, then I'd just use Ivy.

Wayne