Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jochen Hebbrecht <jo...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/28 11:16:20 UTC

Creating Eclipse plugins with Maven

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to build an Eclipse plugin using Maven. So I
want to have a pom.xml for the Eclipse plugin, which gives me the
possibility to generate a .project file.

When I use the M2Eclipse plugin in Eclipse, I'm able to select
"packaging = eclipse-plugin".

But when I run: $ mvn eclipse:eclipse (I want a .project file), I'm
getting this error:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Cannot find lifecycle mapping for packaging: 'eclipse-plugin'.
Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository: org.apache.mav
en.lifecycle.mapping.LifecycleMappingeclipse-plugin.

Is it possible to create Eclipse Plugin Projects with Maven? Or is the
only way using http://docs.codehaus.org/display/M2ECLIPSE/Building+tycho?

Regards,
Jochen