Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk> on 2017/06/18 22:32:03 UTC

[VOTE] 0.11.0.0 RC1

Hello Kafka users, developers and client-developers,

This is the second candidate for release of Apache Kafka 0.11.0.0.

This is a major version release of Apache Kafka. It includes 32 new KIPs. See
the release notes and release plan (https://cwiki.apache.org/conf
luence/display/KAFKA/Release+Plan+0.11.0.0) for more details. A few feature
highlights:

* Exactly-once delivery and transactional messaging
* Streams exactly-once semantics
* Admin client with support for topic, ACLs and config management
* Record headers
* Request rate quotas
* Improved resiliency: replication protocol improvement and single-threaded
controller
* Richer and more efficient message format

A number of issues have been resolved since RC0 and there are no known
blockers remaining.

Release notes for the 0.11.0.0 release:
http://home.apache.org/~ijuma/kafka-0.11.0.0-rc1/RELEASE_NOTES.html

*** Please download, test and vote by Thursday, June 22, 9am PT

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
http://home.apache.org/~ijuma/kafka-0.11.0.0-rc1/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/kafka/

* Javadoc:
http://home.apache.org/~ijuma/kafka-0.11.0.0-rc1/javadoc/

* Tag to be voted upon (off 0.11.0 branch) is the 0.11.0.0 tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kafka.git;a=tag;h=4818d4e1cbef1a8e9c027100fef317077fb3fb99

* Documentation:
http://kafka.apache.org/0110/documentation.html

* Protocol:
http://kafka.apache.org/0110/protocol.html

* Successful Jenkins builds for the 0.11.0 branch:
Unit/integration tests: https://builds.apache.org/job/kafka-0.11.0-jdk7/167/
System tests: https://jenkins.confluent.io/job/system-test-kafka-0.11.0/16/
(all 274 tests passed, the reported failure was not related to the tests)

/**************************************

Thanks,
Ismael

Re: [VOTE] 0.11.0.0 RC1

Posted by Tom Crayford <tc...@heroku.com>.
That's fair, and nice find with the transaction performance improvement!

Once the RC is out, we'll do a final round of performance testing with the
new ProducerPerformance changes enabled.

I think it's fair that this shouldn't delay the release. Is there an
official stance on what should and shouldn't delay a release documented
somewhere?

Thanks

Tom Crayford
Heroku Kafka

Re: [VOTE] 0.11.0.0 RC1

Posted by Tom Crayford <tc...@heroku.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 0.11.0.0 RC1

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tom,

Re: [VOTE] 0.11.0.0 RC1

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tom,

Re: [VOTE] 0.11.0.0 RC1

Posted by Tom Crayford <tc...@heroku.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 0.11.0.0 RC1

Posted by Tom Crayford <tc...@heroku.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 0.11.0.0 RC1

Posted by Apurva Mehta <ap...@confluent.io>.
Hi Tom,

Re: [VOTE] 0.11.0.0 RC1

Posted by Apurva Mehta <ap...@confluent.io>.
Hi Tom,

Re: [VOTE] 0.11.0.0 RC1

Posted by Tom Crayford <tc...@heroku.com>.
Hi there,

Re: [VOTE] 0.11.0.0 RC1

Posted by Tom Crayford <tc...@heroku.com>.
Hi there,

Re: [VOTE] 0.11.0.0 RC1

Posted by Vahid S Hashemian <va...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi Ismael,

[...]

C:\Users\User\Downloads\kafka-0.11.0.0-src\clients\src\main\java\org\apache\kafka\common\requests\AbstractRequest.java:26:1:
Class Fan-Out Complexity is 43 (max allowed is 40).
[ClassFanOutComplexity]
[ant:checkstyle] [ERROR]
C:\Users\User\Downloads\kafka-0.11.0.0-src\clients\src\main\java\org\apache\kafka\common\requests\AbstractResponse.java:26:1:

From:   Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>
To:     dev@kafka.apache.org, Kafka Users <us...@kafka.apache.org>,
kafka-clients <ka...@googlegroups.com>
Date:   06/18/2017 03:32 PM