Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Viet Nguyen <vh...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/03 23:26:51 UTC

JMS Statistics

Hi All,

I have been poking around JMS (ActiveMQ) to see if we can surface some
JSR-77 statistics. To my knowledge, there are not any JMS stats being
surfaced right now. I have looked at modules/geronimo-activemq and am
confused as to how I can get a hold of these statistics. I have looked at
some API docs for ActiveMQ and found out that they actually implemented all
of the JSR-77 stats on their side and all we should need to do is request
it.

Classes such as ActiveMQConnection (
http://activemq.apache.org/maven/activemq-core/apidocs/org/apache/activemq/ActiveMQConnection.html)
will keep track of some of the stats. By calling getConnectionStats() the
JSR-77 stats for JMSConnectionStats will be returned in its updated state.

I am not a JMS/ActiveMQ expert so, if someone could tell me if tying classes
such as ActiveMQConnection into Geronimo's source is a viable proposal, it
will be much appreciated.

Also, I've noticed that there are implementation classes for JCA stats in
ActiveMQ too. Is there a way to get these into Geronimo?

Thanks,
Viet

Re: JMS Statistics

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Oct 3, 2007, at 2:26 PM, Viet Nguyen wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have been poking around JMS (ActiveMQ) to see if we can surface
> some JSR-77 statistics. To my knowledge, there are not any JMS
> stats being surfaced right now. I have looked at modules/geronimo-
> activemq and am confused as to how I can get a hold of these
> statistics. I have looked at some API docs for ActiveMQ and found
> out that they actually implemented all of the JSR-77 stats on their
> side and all we should need to do is request it.
>
> Classes such as ActiveMQConnection (http://activemq.apache.org/
> maven/activemq-core/apidocs/org/apache/activemq/
> ActiveMQConnection.html ) will keep track of some of the stats. By
> calling getConnectionStats() the JSR-77 stats for
> JMSConnectionStats will be returned in its updated state.
>
> I am not a JMS/ActiveMQ expert so, if someone could tell me if
> tying classes such as ActiveMQConnection into Geronimo's source is
> a viable proposal, it will be much appreciated.

There's no problem if you do it as part of the amq integration, for
instance in an amq console module.

> Also, I've noticed that there are implementation classes for JCA
> stats in ActiveMQ too. Is there a way to get these into Geronimo?

What stats are these?

thanks
david jencks