Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by developer3459 <de...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/02 22:03:10 UTC

Re: BlockJoinQuery Clarification

Is there a way to delete a parent doc from the collection, or delete a child
doc from the collection? If so, will deleting the parent doc of a collection
orphan the associated child docs or will they automatically be deleted as
well?

thanks
-D

Re: BlockJoinQuery Clarification

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Open an IndexWriter with OpenMode.CREATE, or call
IndexWriter.deleteAll on an already open IndexWriter.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Posted by developer3459 <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
You must delete all children when you delete the parent.

I believe you can delete individual children and leave the parent undeleted.