Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Vijaya Kumar <vi...@businex.com> on 2001/06/28 05:51:43 UTC

Path?

Hi,
             In my servlet code when I create a new folder it actually stores the folder in to $server_home\bin\FolderName. Ex, If i'm running the slide servlet mentioning the path as files it create the "files" folder to the "catalina\bin\files". Which I dont want. How can I make that folder created in webapps\slide itself

Vijay

Re: How to mount a remote stores , LDAP authentication

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Some more information on the issue:
>
> 1. We want to use the LDAP authentication.
>     If "searching/indexing interface" is standardized in Slide ,
>     Can we use it?

It's not done yet, but we've started discussing it. The interfaces
themselves should be rather simple.

> 2. For example, some objects might be stored in a remote LDAP directory,
>     while others could be stored in a remote SQL database (mysql).
>     How to one namespace might be mapped into different services,
>     represent by the Slide configuration file?

Yes, you can do that. Just add additional scope elements.
The mapping algorithm will probably be rewritten to be more powerful and
faster, but the basic principles shouldn't change.

> 3. How to use stores in a remote (like a mounted filesystem), supported
already ?

Not yet. We could write a WebDAV / Delta V store, but that would require a
significant amount of work. Since some features are still missing in the
core and the WebDAV support, I'm focused on making some progress on that
first. Other people could volunteer to work on some additional stores, like
Christopher, who plans to be doing some work on a CVS store.

Remy

How to mount a remote stores , LDAP authentication

Posted by Kiyoko Takanabe <ta...@i-d-i-m.com>.
Some more information on the issue:

1. We want to use the LDAP authentication.
    If "searching/indexing interface" is standardized in Slide ,
    Can we use it?

2. For example, some objects might be stored in a remote LDAP directory,
    while others could be stored in a remote SQL database (mysql).
    How to one namespace might be mapped into different services,
    represent by the Slide configuration file?

3. How to use stores in a remote (like a mounted filesystem), supported already ?

 iDimension Inc.
 Kiyoko Takanabe - engineer

Re: org.apache.webdav.cmd.Slide

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Hi, All
>
> We want to use src/webdav/client/src/org/apache/webdav/cmd/Slide.
> Slide 1.0.11 released?have not build.xml.
> Can we use that Slide 1.0.10  have ?

Yes, the command line client is in the binaries. Go in the "client"
directory, and type bin\run.bat (with windows) to run it.

Remy

org.apache.webdav.cmd.Slide

Posted by Kiyoko Takanabe <ta...@i-d-i-m.com>.
Hi, All

We want to use src/webdav/client/src/org/apache/webdav/cmd/Slide.
Slide 1.0.11 released?have not build.xml.
Can we use that Slide 1.0.10  have ?

---------------------------------------
 iDimension Inc.
 Kiyoko Takanabe - engineer

Re: Path?

Posted by Vijaya Kumar <vi...@businex.com>.
Hi Remy,
              What actually you are doing in the processing of creating
versioning and how you are perform lock options. Whether these are added to
the file itself or seperate file will kept these information?
Vijay
Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> hi,
>   Is there any known implementation of the DAV searching and location
> protocol that i can try out?

The only known one is Exchange, but it uses proprietary extensions to the
draft.

The client supports the search method of DASL, but (at least at the moment)
you have to build the query yourself.

Remy

RE: Path?

Posted by rajkumar <ko...@intalio.com>.
hi,
  Is there any known implementation of the DAV searching and location
protocol that i can try out?
  thanks,
  rajkumar

Re: Path?

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Re: Path?

Posted by Kiyoko Takanabe <ta...@i-d-i-m.com>.
Hi, All

I have same the question.
I want to use Slide with File system store.How do I do this?

Do I edit your webapps/slide/Domain.xml file < definition > section ?

< definition >
    < store name="file" >   <!-- default "memory" -->
    < nodestore classname="slidestore.file.FileDescriptorsStoreNoVersioning" >  <!-- ? -->
                         :
                     more....

Best regards,

 Kiyoko Takanabe - engineer