Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ramprakash Ramamoorthy <yo...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/26 10:37:53 UTC

Get BitSet from Filter object in 4.1

Team,

          We are migrating from 2.3 to 4.1, and we have implemented a
method which does this
*BitSet searchTermBits = searchQueryFilter.bits(reader); *searchQueryFilter
is of type Filter and reader is an IndexReader object.

           How would I achieve the same using 4.1, any pointers would help.
Thanks in advance.

--
With Thanks and Regards,
Ramprakash Ramamoorthy,

Re: Get BitSet from Filter object in 4.1

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@gmail.com>.
You can do Filter#getDocIdSet(reader, acceptedDocs).bits()
yet, this method might return null if the filter can not be
represented as bits or for other reasons like performance.

simon